FACE THE CHALLENGE! Is the theme of the 2021 National Jamboree, Scouting’s one-of-a-kind flagship event. It’s a gathering of tens of thousands of Scouts, leaders, and Jamboree Service Team members that showcases everything that is great about the Boy Scouts of America.
The Suwannee River Area Council will be sending a contingent Scout Troop to the National Scout Jamboree consisting of 36 Scouts and 4 Leaders for a total of 40 participants. The Jamboree will take place from July 21 – 30, 2021 at the Summit Bechtel Family National Scout Reserve. We will leave a few days early to have some fun as we travel to the Jamboree!
Young men and women may register and submit their application online through the official National Jamboree website at https://jamboree.scouting.org. Applicants must have a my.Scouting account with their current BSA membership number linked to the account in order to access the online application. Once the registration is submitted and approved, youth and adult leader participants will pay their fees to the SRAC. A deposit of $175.00 is then due to hold your spot. Note: final fees and payment schedule are still To Be Determined (TBD). We estimate the total National Jamboree participation fee to be $2,500.00.
When: July 18-July 31, 2021
Where: Summit Bechtel Reserve, Glen Jean, WV
Cost: Approx $2,500.00
Cost includes registration fee, travel & cool SWAG, such as patches, gear, etc.
• Registered youth member of a Scouts BSA Troop, who has completed the 6th grade or will be at least 12 years old (but who has not yet reached their 18th birthday by 8/1/2021) and a First Class Scout by July 1, 2021 – OR —
• Registered youth member of a Venture Crew
• All attendees must live and abide by the Scout Oath and Law & the Jamboree Code of Conduct
Questions? Please contact Bob.Norwillo@scouting.org or 850 576-4146
now being accepted for the
2021 Suwannee River Area Council
National Jamboree Scoutmaster
Due by February 7, 2020
The Suwannee River Area Council’s National Jamboree Committee is searching for individual’s interested in serving as the Scoutmaster of our Council Contingent Troop. Please complete the application found at this link and return it to the Council Service Center by February 7, 2020. The National Jamboree will be held July 21, 2021 thru July 30, 2021 with several days before and/or after for travel and additional FUN.
The personal leadership of the Scoutmaster is one of the most important factors in effective administration of the jamboree. Good judgment and sensible controls will ensure a positive experience for all participants.
- Serves as the executive officer of the troop.
- Maintains policies and coordinates efforts of assistant Scoutmasters.
- Assists in conducting jamboree promotion rallies and in recruiting individual Scouts to attend the jamboree.
- Leads participants in pre-jamboree training.
- Works through assistant Scoutmasters, senior patrol leader, and patrol leaders to ensure fulfillment of their duties.
- Accompanies troop to and from the jamboree.
- Is personally responsible for the health, safety, and morale of the troop.
- By their example, serves as a role model for others to follow.
- Is always responsible for the proper behavior and conduct of the members of troop.
- Receives a report from the senior patrol leader on bed check each evening after taps and reports those present, accounted for, or missing to the designated subcamp staff member.
If you are interested in leading the Suwannee River Area Council’s Contingent to the 2021 National Jamboree, please complete and return this application by February 7, 2020.