The Family Friends of Scouting campaign is conducted each year to give every Scouting family an opportunity to learn about and financially support the programs and services of the Suwannee River Area Council.
Every unit should support Friends of Scouting, because every unit benefits from the monies raised. It costs the council $185 to provide one year of quality program per Scout.
What does Friends of Scouting provide?
Our thanks to everyone who has already made their 2018 FOS contribution and to our council’s outstanding team of volunteer presenters who have been busy visiting unit meetings throughout the council to explain the need and ask parents and family members for their financial support. If your unit’s presentation is still to come, your pledge is important in helping the Council to build financial strength so it can provide the resources necessary to make our Scouting programs inSuwannee River Area Councilthe best they can be. Renewal mailings are also being sent to past contributors who have not yet made a pledge this year. If you haven’t made your contribution for 2018 just yet – please make your commitment this month and help our council achieve 100% of our goal! Click here for our FOS brochure.
- Local programs and activities throughout the council territory.
- Camp scholarships, uniforms and registration fees for youths who otherwise could not participate.
- Scout Service Centers that coordinates Scouting activities and provides customer service to members.
- Accidental and liability insurance to protect both youth and adult members.
- Professional staff who counsel, guide and inspire volunteer leadership.
- Camps and facilities available for year-round camping and Cub Scout family outdoor events
- Opportunities to attend summer camp and high-adventure events.
- Advancement programs where Scouts are recognized for learning and making progress on goals they set and attain.
- Literature and training-material development and distribution.
- Leadership training for young people who will become future community leaders.
To Donate online, please click the Donate Now button above.
If you havequestions, please contact the Council Service Center (850) 576-4146.