Welcome to the Suwannee River Area Council!
Our council’s goal is to provide a quality, dynamic program of learning and adventure that builds well-rounded young people. The Suwannee River Area Council, Boy Scouts of America was incorporated on January 22 1924. Since then it has been our honor to instill in the youth we serve the character, values and traditions that make Boy Scouts of America stand apart in the crowd.
SRAC Health and Safety Action Plan
Effective June 1, 2021
The safety and health of our Scouts, volunteers, families and staff is always the highest priority for the Suwannee River Area Council. The BSA has a long history of planning for and managing for the safety of those involved. Based on the latest guidance from the BSA, CDC and local/state officials, the following is our updated protocols for all SRAC activities and events, including unit events, regardless of location.
In light of recently updated guidance by the BSA and the CDC, the Suwannee River Area Council Health and Safety Committee and the Executive Committee have approved a revised plan for the council.
The new plan includes updated guidance on masks wearing outdoors and a number of other updates. You can find a copy of the new plan at this link.
Are your Cub Scouts ready
for some Weird Science?
Have your Cub Scout grab their gear and join us for an awesome adventure!
Scouts will participate in many types of activities including swimming, science experiments, field sports, nature, arts and crafts, Scout skills, and all-around FUN!
You can sign up here: https://scoutingevent.com/664-CSDC21
Registration fee is $190 and signup ends on June 8, 2021! So, act today!
Join Cub Scouts!
Need help finding a unit for you? No problem!
The Suwannee River Area Council is committed to keeping scouting alive and available in our communities. Through this website along with our facebook page and our council e-mail list, we will offer our Scouting units and families opportunities to participate in Scouting activities from the comfort of their own home!
Check out the activities on our Scouting at Home page and come back often for updates!
DON’T JUST SIT THERE … KEEP ON “SCOUTING AT HOME“
National BSA Registration Fee Increase
and new Council Program fee
effective August 1, 2020
- Beginning August 1, 2020:
- Registration fees for traditional youth (Cub Scouts, Scouts BSA, Venturing) will be $10 per month, or $120 annually.
- Adult leader and Exploring participant registration fees will be $5 per month, or $60 annually.
- Each unit (new or returning) will annually pay a $75.00 unit charter fee.
- BSA has also established a one-time new member joining fee of $25.
- Boy’s Life Magazine (optional) will remain at $1 per month, or $12 annually.
- Registration and fees can be completed online. Units will not have to collect national or council fees, as long as, the new youth or adult registers online.
- The new fees will be collected for new registrations beginning on August 1, 2020. Currently registered members will be subject to the new fees at recharter time, as usual.
- For traditional youth (Cub Scouts, Scouts BSA, Venturing) – $54 annually.
- For Adult leader and Exploring participants – $18 annually.
This fee is being implemented out of necessity to ensure the needed support for Wallwood Scout Reservation, boost unit level support, and focus on quality programs, while being able to provide the required insurance coverage in order to be able to continue to provide a robust Scouting program.
- Beginning in 2021, all registered families of the Suwannee River Area Council will receive:
- Access to all Council camp properties for tent camping at no charge.
- Access to University of Scouting, youth and adults, at no charge.
- A special “thank you” decal to showcase the family as a Scouting family.
- Excellent unit/customer service and program support through our new specialized model of position specific executives (staff)
Annual Registration – Youth
|Annual Registration – Adult|
$66.00 – National BSA registration
|$42.00 – National BSA registration|
|$54.00 – SRAC Program fee||$18.00 – SRAC Program fee|
|Total – $120.00/$10.00 per month||Total – $60.00/$5.00 per month|
|$12.00 – optional Boys’ Life||$12.00 – optional Boys’ Life|
|w/ Boys’ Life – $132.00/$11.00 per mo||w/ Boys’ Life – $72.00/$61.00 per mo|
We encourage you to review the FAQ and to discuss this with your unit’s leadership to understand how this change effects your family.
Thank you for continuing to be a part of our scouting family.
The Suwannee River Area Council, Boy Scouts of America was incorporated on January 22 1924. Since then it has been our honor to instill in the youth we serve the character, values and traditions that make Boy Scouts of America stand apart in the crowd. Thirteen counties throughout south Georgia and north Florida are served by Suwanee River Area Council. If you are not involved in Scouting today please let us know how we can serve you!