Welcome to the Suwannee River Area Council!
Our council’s goal is to provide a quality, dynamic program of learning and adventure that builds well-rounded young people. The Suwannee River Area Council, Boy Scouts of America was incorporated on January 22 1924. Since then it has been our honor to instill in the youth we serve the character, values and traditions that make Boy Scouts of America stand apart in the crowd.
Introducing the 2021 Suwannee River Area Camp Card Sale
February 11 – April 30, 2021
The Suwannee River Area Council is pleased to announce the return of our Council-wide Camp Card Sale for 2021. Even though our 2020 Camp Card Sale was interrupted by the arrival of Coronavirus and all of the safer-at-home precautions, we were still able to raise $29,970 which represents a 391% increase over the previous year. The 2021 Camp Card Sale should be an even more robust sale with some outstanding offers that communities throughout the entire Council will find valuable!
Sale kickoff will be held at the Roundtable on January 14th at 7pm via Zoom!
For full details, please see our Camp Card Page
It’s Scouting for Food time!
January 30 & February 6, 2021
Key Dates for 2021:
Current COVID-19 Updates
Updated December 14, 2020
Time to put the “outing” back in Scouting!
We are now scheduling our programs to return in full. So far, we have had several successful programs during the fall of 2020, with careful consideration of the possible impacts of the continuing pandemic. We’ll have more programs coming soon!
Important: Due to the COVID-19 Pandemic, although preventive measures are being taken, we cannot guarantee that you or your child(ren) will not come in contact with or become infectied with COVID-19. Therefore, attendance at all of these events will require an adult to read and sign an “Informed Consent Waiver“, acknowledging that you understand the contagious nature of the virus and assume all risk for you and/or your children attending these activities. A copy of the waiver is attached to the online registration for each event and you will be able to sign for acknowledgement electronically during the registration process. You may review a copy of the waver at this link, as well,
The Scout Shop remains open from 10:00 A.M. to 6:00 P.M. Monday through Friday. No more than five customers will be allowed in the Scout Shop and front counter area at a time, including children. Face coverings and all other social distancing protocols will remain in place.
What can all Scouting members do to protect themselves and others
- Scouting members should take the same precautions they would for any common cold or flu.
- Wash your hands frequently and thoroughly with soap and water for at least 20 seconds. *(Alcohol-based hand sanitizers with at least 60% alcohol content can work in a pinch, but they’re generally not as effective as soap and water).
- Hands should be washed before eating, after using the bathroom, and when you come inside from outdoor activities that caused hands to get dirty.
- Avoid touching your mouth, eyes or noses.
- Cough and/or sneeze into your elbows and not your hands.
- Distance yourself from anyone coughing or sneezing.
- Encourage Healthy Habits, like eating a healthy diet, exercising, and getting enough sleep.
- If you are sick, stay away from school, work, Scouts and others.
- If you have any symptoms of the virus, seek medical attention immediately and follow the advice of your medical professional.
Let’s all set the example to be safe during this time. If you have any questions or concerns, please don’t hesitate to reach out. Thank you.
Join Cub Scouts!
Need help finding a unit for you? No problem!
The Suwannee River Area Council is committed to keeping scouting alive and available in our communities. Through this website along with our facebook page and our council e-mail list, we will offer our Scouting units and families opportunities to participate in Scouting activities from the comfort of their own home!
Check out the activities on our Scouting at Home page and come back often for updates!
DON’T JUST SIT THERE … KEEP ON “SCOUTING AT HOME“
National BSA Registration Fee Increase
and new Council Program fee
effective August 1, 2020
- Beginning August 1, 2020:
- Registration fees for traditional youth (Cub Scouts, Scouts BSA, Venturing) will be $10 per month, or $120 annually.
- Adult leader and Exploring participant registration fees will be $5 per month, or $60 annually.
- Each unit (new or returning) will annually pay a $75.00 unit charter fee.
- BSA has also established a one-time new member joining fee of $25.
- Boy’s Life Magazine (optional) will remain at $1 per month, or $12 annually.
- Registration and fees can be completed online. Units will not have to collect national or council fees, as long as, the new youth or adult registers online.
- The new fees will be collected for new registrations beginning on August 1, 2020. Currently registered members will be subject to the new fees at recharter time, as usual.
- For traditional youth (Cub Scouts, Scouts BSA, Venturing) – $54 annually.
- For Adult leader and Exploring participants – $18 annually.
This fee is being implemented out of necessity to ensure the needed support for Wallwood Scout Reservation, boost unit level support, and focus on quality programs, while being able to provide the required insurance coverage in order to be able to continue to provide a robust Scouting program.
- Beginning in 2021, all registered families of the Suwannee River Area Council will receive:
- Access to all Council camp properties for tent camping at no charge.
- Access to University of Scouting, youth and adults, at no charge.
- A special “thank you” decal to showcase the family as a Scouting family.
- Excellent unit/customer service and program support through our new specialized model of position specific executives (staff)
Annual Registration – Youth
|Annual Registration – Adult|
$66.00 – National BSA registration
|$42.00 – National BSA registration|
|$54.00 – SRAC Program fee||$18.00 – SRAC Program fee|
|Total – $120.00/$10.00 per month||Total – $60.00/$5.00 per month|
|$12.00 – optional Boys’ Life||$12.00 – optional Boys’ Life|
|w/ Boys’ Life – $132.00/$11.00 per mo||w/ Boys’ Life – $72.00/$61.00 per mo|
We encourage you to review the FAQ and to discuss this with your unit’s leadership to understand how this change effects your family.
Thank you for continuing to be a part of our scouting family.
The Suwannee River Area Council, Boy Scouts of America was incorporated on January 22 1924. Since then it has been our honor to instill in the youth we serve the character, values and traditions that make Boy Scouts of America stand apart in the crowd. Thirteen counties throughout south Georgia and north Florida are served by Suwanee River Area Council. If you are not involved in Scouting today please let us know how we can serve you!