Welcome to the Suwannee River Area Council!
Our council’s goal is to provide a quality, dynamic program of learning and adventure that builds well-rounded young people. The Suwannee River Area Council, Boy Scouts of America was incorporated on January 22 1924. Since then it has been our honor to instill in the youth we serve the character, values and traditions that make Boy Scouts of America stand apart in the crowd.
Join Cub Scouts!
Need help finding a unit for you? No problem!
July 27, 2021 – October 29, 2021
Every Scout should learn the value of hard work and earning their own way. The popcorn sale is the perfect opportunity to teach this valuable life lesson and fund the most exciting year of Scouting ever. The council does all the pre-work to set up the sale, eliminating the need for units to research opportunities, calculate returns, create sales and promotional materials, manage a relationship with a vendor, etc. The popcorn sale is not just about selling popcorn…It’s also about promoting Scouting!
Thousands of dollars go back to the Scouting program in the Suwanee River Area Council as a result of the annual popcorn sale. 70% of all dollars collected during the sale support local Scouting. The popcorn sale is a way for a Scout to support his or her way through the various activities during the year. There are three options to sell popcorn: traditional take order sales, sell online to friends and family out of town and show-n-sell. For more information, contact your unit popcorn kernel.
This year’s sale runs from July 27, 2021 until October 29, 2021. Please see our Popcorn Webpage for all the details!
2021 Peer to Peer Recruiting Challenge!
Imagine, if every Scout recruited ONE friend, what would happen…
SRAC Health and Safety Action Plan
Effective June 1, 2021
The safety and health of our Scouts, volunteers, families and staff is always the highest priority for the Suwannee River Area Council. The BSA has a long history of planning for and managing for the safety of those involved. Based on the latest guidance from the BSA, CDC and local/state officials, the following is our updated protocols for all SRAC activities and events, including unit events, regardless of location.
In light of recently updated guidance by the BSA and the CDC, the Suwannee River Area Council Health and Safety Committee and the Executive Committee have approved a revised plan for the council.
The new plan includes updated guidance on masks wearing outdoors and a number of other updates. You can find a copy of the new plan at this link.
National BSA Registration Fee Increase
and new Council Program fee
effective August 1, 2021
- Beginning August 1, 2021:
- Both the National membership fee and Council program fee for traditional youth increase .50¢ per month.
- Adult leader and Exploring participant membership fees increase .25¢ per month for both National and Council.
- Each unit (new or returning) will annually pay a $75.00 Unit Liability Insurance Fee (no increase).
- BSA will continue its one-time new member joining fee of $25 (started last year).
- The new fees will be collected for new registrations beginning on August 1, 2020. Currently registered members will be subject to the new fees at recharter time, as usual.
Annual Registration – Youth
|Annual Registration – Adult|
$72.00 – National BSA registration
|$45.00 – National BSA registration|
|$60.00 – SRAC Program fee||$21.00 – SRAC Program fee|
|Total – $132.00/$11.00 per month||Total – $66.00/$5.50 per month|
|$12.00 – optional Boys’ Life||$12.00 – optional Boys’ Life|
|w/ Boys’ Life – $144.00/$12.00 per mo||w/ Boys’ Life – $78.00/$6.50 per mo|
- All registered families of the Suwannee River Area Council will continue to receive:
- Access to all Council camp properties for tent camping at no charge.
- Access to University of Scouting, youth and adults, at no charge.
- A special “thank you” decal to showcase the family as a Scouting family.
- Excellent unit/customer service and program support through our new specialized model of position specific executives (staff).
- Fees will be collected at recharter per usual.
- Effective since August 1, 2021 – fees through online registration for new members, at any time of the year, will be pro-rated for both national and council fees. Units will not have to collect national or council fees, as long as, the new youth or adult registers online.
We encourage you to review the FAQ and to discuss this with your unit’s leadership to understand how this change effects your family.
As always, Scouting remains a valuable investment. Even during the COVID-19 pandemic, when Scouts were forced to stay home, they still learned skills that will benefit them for the rest of their lives. They still helped those in need. They still became leaders in their units and communities. Scouting is needed now in America, just as much as it was in 1910.
Thank you for continuing to be a part of our scouting family.
The Suwannee River Area Council is committed to keeping scouting alive and available in our communities. Through this website along with our facebook page and our council e-mail list, we will offer our Scouting units and families opportunities to participate in Scouting activities from the comfort of their own home!
Check out the activities on our Scouting at Home page and come back often for updates!
DON’T JUST SIT THERE … KEEP ON “SCOUTING AT HOME“
The Suwannee River Area Council, Boy Scouts of America was incorporated on January 22 1924. Since then it has been our honor to instill in the youth we serve the character, values and traditions that make Boy Scouts of America stand apart in the crowd. Thirteen counties throughout south Georgia and north Florida are served by Suwanee River Area Council. If you are not involved in Scouting today please let us know how we can serve you!