After two days devoted to getting deals, Giving Tuesday is a global day that’s all about givingback. This new tradition of generosity is a nice antidote to the consumerism invading our holidays.
Giving Tuesday also presents a great opportunity to help grow Scouting in your community. You can donate to your local council, help send a Scout to camp or help build the next great high-adventure camp. However you decide to give to the BSA, you’ll be providing young people with the chance to have fun, gain confidence and become leaders who live the Scout Oath and Scout Law.
Girls and boys in Scouting here in the Suwannee River Area Council (North Florida and South Georgia) provide thousands of hours of community service, including, among others, feeding the homeless, street, coastal and river clean ups, collecting food for the hungry, visiting the home-bound and much, much more!
Scouts striving to become Eagle Scouts provide leadership to a significant service project that impacts the community at large, such as, creating a nature trail, building something beneficial at a park or leading a significant blood drive.
So, if #GivingTuesday is designed to “do good,” why not consider a #GoodTurnForScouting?
One added boost: Your donations are fully tax-deductible to the extent allowable by law, so you’ll get credit for your gift at tax time.
So, you’re invited to:
- Select a #GoodTurnForScouting gift level from the list below.
- Make your #GoodTurnForScouting – thank you!
- Share on social media and invite others to make a #GoodTurnForScouting
GREAT! How do I participate?
Glad you asked… just follow these simple steps:
Step 1: Choose your #GoodTurnForScouting
- $12 – for each point of the Scout Law
- $20 – provides a Scout Handbook for a Scout in need
- $40 – for each word of the Scout Oath
- $100 – provides a Scout uniform for a Scout in need
- $300 – provides a week-long summer camp experience for a Scout in need
Step 2: Make your donation in one of the following ways
- Call the Council Office at 850-576-4146 and provide us with your information, amount of giving and how you’d like to pay.
- You can also download the mail-in pledge card and mail it to us at Suwannee River Area Council, 2032 Thomasville Rd, Tallahassee, FL 32308
- Online giving coming soon!
Step 3: Download the #unselfie poster and take your picture holding it up
Step 4: Post your #unselfie to your social media channels using the the hashtags #givingtuesday, #srac and #unselfie to let your friends know that you care about character building for the future of our youth!